Thursday, November 22, 2018
5:00 pm - 6:30 pm PST
Mary Winspear Centre
2243 Beacon Ave W
Sidney, BC , Canada
This is a brief note to invite you to the FIRST VOLUNTEERS meeting for FOLK ’n FIDDLE FEST 2019
THURSDAY, November 22 at 5:00 PM
LOCATION: Mary Winspear Centre, 2243 Beacon Avenue, Sidney, BC V8L 1W9
DURATION: 90 minutes
WHAT IS FOLK ’n FIDDLE FEST?
The Deep Cove Folk Music Society would like to announce a family friendly community event for 2019 called: Folk n’ Fiddle Fest. This festival will take place May 31st and June 1st, 2019. The main festival events will take place at the Mary Winspear Community Centre. The festival will also be offering free community concerts throughout the town of Sidney.
Our focus for this is a community oriented festival with an emphasis on education, cultural inclusiveness, and fostering local musicians of all ages. Folk ’n Fiddle Festival will be a fun festival for the whole family. The festival will include; multiple performance stages, workshops for all abilities and ages, talks, a kids room, local artisan vendors and food trucks.
We are grateful for the community support we have received, and are happy to have onboard to help this exciting event:
– The Town of Sidney
– The Victoria Folk Music Society
– The Victoria Fiddle Society
– The Victoria Bluegrass Association
– Sidney Business Improvement Association
– Vancouver Island Regional Library (Sidney Branch)
– Panorama Rec Centre
A BRIEF AGENDA FOR THE MEETING
1. Introductions and Brief Description of Folk n’ Fiddle Fest
– participants’ expectations for the meeting
2. Request for Volunteers
3. Discussion of Key Volunteer Roles and Request for Key Volunteers
4. Plans to Incorporate as a registered not for profit organization
5. Projected Time lines
6. Next Steps (and ‘return on expectations’)
7. Meeting Adjournment
If you cannot attend but wish to be involved, please contact Nellie Quinn or Bob de Wolff at the addresses below.
Folk n’ Fiddle Festival Artistic Director
Bob de Wolff
Deep Cove Folk Music Society Director